Is Fruit Possible on Low Carb?
After a certain period of time, these low carb fruits will fit perfectly into your low carb diet. There are plenty of ways to add fruit after the Atkins Induction Phase.
- How to add fruit to your low carb diet during Atkins Phases
- 48 Atkins low carb fruit list with 10 net carbs or less
Low carb fruits are fiber-rich, and keep meals bright and colorful. Be sure to measure or weigh each serving very carefully.
Fruit is eaten sparingly on low carb diets due to the high sugar content. The lowest carb fruit works best as an ‘accessory’ on your plate.
Eating Fruit on Atkins Phases
Atkins Induction Phase
On the Atkins low carb diet, fruits are forbidden for the first two weeks. Avocado however, is an Induction-friendly low carb fruit.
OWL and Maintenance Phases
The Atkins diet moves from Induction to Ongoing Weight Loss after the first two weeks. Now, a small amount of low carb fruit is allowed.
In OWL and Maintenance Atkins phases, try low carb fruits:
- Rhubarb: Net carbs per ½ cup: 1.7
- Raspberries: Net carbs per ½ cup: 3.4
- Strawberries: Net carbs per medium strawberry: 3.4
- Guava: Net carbs per ½ cup: 5.3
Adding Fruit to Your Low Carb Meals
- Add low carb berries and raw almonds to full-fat Greek yogurt. Or simply top the berries with whipped heavy cream, flavored or plain.
- Use thinly sliced strawberries or starfruit to garnish a fresh spinach and feta salad or Atkins approved low carb cheesecake.
- Sprinkle spicy roasted chicken with mango-pineapple confetti salsa.
Low Carb Fruit List
The lowest carb fruit (1 to 5 net carbs) are some of the highest in nutritional value, antioxidants and phytonutrients per serving.
Low carb fruit (6 to 10 net carbs) has enough fiber per serving to counteract most of the sugary carbs.
After the first two weeks (Atkins Induction phase), these low carb fruits are perfect for your low carb diet.
(Fruit, Serving Size, Net Carbs)
1 Net Carb or Less
- Avocado, ½ cup, 1
2 Net Carbs or Less
- Coconuts, ¼ cup, 1.3
- Raspberries, ¼ cup, 1.7
- Rhubarb, ½ cup, 1.7
- Cranberries, ¼ cup, 2
3 Net Carbs or Less
- Strawberries, ¼ cup, 2.3
- Watermelon, ¼ cup, 2.6
- Blackberries, ¼ cup, 2.7
- Starfruit, ¼ cup, 3
- Apricot, ¼ cup, 3
4 Net Carbs or Less
- Red Raspberries, ½ cup, 3.4
- Lemon, ¼ cup, 3.5
- Honeydew, ¼ cup, 3.6
- Black Raspberries, ½ cup, 3.7
- Currant, ¼ cup, 4
- Elderberries, ¼ cup, 4
- Blueberries, ¼ cup, 4
5 Net Carbs or Less
- Persimmon, ½ of small, 4.1
- Cherries, ¼ cup, 4.2
- Strawberries, sliced, ½ cup, 4.7
- Pineapple, ¼ cup, 4.8
- Strawberries, 1 whole large, 5
- Acai Berry, 1 oz, 5
6 Net Carbs or Less
- Watermelon, ½ cup, 5.2
- Guava, ½ cup, 5.3
- Tangelo, ½ of whole, 6
7 Net Carbs or Less
- Prickly Pear (Cactus Pear), 1 whole, 6.2
- Mango, ¼ cup, 6.3
- Grapes, ¼ cup, 6.7
- Raisins, Golden, 1 tbsp, 6.8
- Raisins, Seedless, 1 tbsp, 6.8
- Cantaloupe, ½ cup, 7
8 Net Carbs or Less
- Peach, 1 small, 7.2
- Plum, ¼ cup, 7.6
- Passion Fruit (Maracuya), ¼ cup, 7.7
- Grapefruit (red), ½ of whole, 7.9
9 Net Carbs or Less
- Apple, ½ of whole, 8.7
- Kiwi, 1 whole, 8.7
- Tangerine, 1 small, 8.8
- Gooseberries, ¼ cup, 9
- Ugli Fruit, ½ of whole, 9
10-ish Net Carbs
- Pomegranate, ¼ of whole, 10
- Banana, ½ of small, 10.1
- Japanese, ½ of medium, 10.2
- Bartlett, ½ of medium, 10.3
- Anjou, ½ of medium, 10.5
- Asian, 1 whole, 10.5
- Bosc, ½ of medium, 10.5
Atkins Low Carb Fruits List
Print or save this quick reference list of low carb fruits with net carb counts from the official Atkins low carb fruits list. Click the image to view, print or save.
Almost Zero Carb Meal Plan
Three easy days, one aggressive technique, and major fat loss.
The Almost Zero Carb Meal Plan is designed to break even the worst stall, and burn off large amounts of stored fat – in 3 days.
- The Technique
- 75 Recipes
- Sample Menus
If what you’re doing isn’t working, get your meal plan now.