Eating Veggies on Low Carb
Veggies are a staple of any low carb diet. Here’s a simple, Atkins low carb veggie list to save or print. Which are lowest in carbs?
- Extremely low carb veggies perfect for Atkins Induction.
- The lowest carb veggies: 0-7 net carbs per serving.
On any low carb diet, allow 12 to 15 of your net carbs to come from low carb vegetables. During the Atkins Induction phase, use the veggies from the lowest carb vegetable list and measure very carefully.
The low carb vegetables on this list are divided into two sections, according to number of net carbs per serving. Both sections have veggies that are perfect for low carb.
Veggies for Atkins
(Veggie, Serving Size/Prep, Net Carbs)
- Alfalfa Sprouts, 1 cup/raw, 0.4
- Argula, ½ cup/raw, 0.2
- Bok Choy, 1 cup/raw, 0.8
- Celery, 1 stalk, 0.8
- Chicory Greens, ½ cup/raw, 0.6
- Chives, 1 tbs, 0.1
- Cucumber, ½ cup, 1.0
- Daikon, ½ cup, 1.0
- Endive, ½ cup, 0.0
- Escarole, ½ cup, 0.0
- Fennel, 1 cup, 3.6
- Jicama, ½ cup, 2.5
- Lettuce Iceberg, ½ cup, 0.1
- Mushrooms ½ cup, 1.2
- Parsley, 1 tbs, 0.1
- Peppers, ½ cup/raw, 2.3
- Radicchio, ½ cup/raw, 0.7
- Radishes, 10/raw, 0.9
- Romaine Lettuce, ½ cup, 0.2
Low-er Carb Veggies
These vegetables are slightly higher in carbohydrates than the lowest carb veggies above, but if you measure carefully, it’s simple to add them to your diet.
(Veggie, Serving Size/Prep, Net Carbs)
- Artichoke, ¼ of medium/boiled, 4.0
- Artichoke Hearts, 1/in water, 1.0
- Asparagus, 6 spears/boiled, 2.4
- Avocado, 1 whole/raw, 3.5
- Bamboo Shoots, 1 cup/boiled, 1.1
- Beets, ½ cup/canned, 4.7
- Broccoli, ½ cup/boiled, 1.6
- Broccoli, ½ cup/raw, 1.0
- Broccoli Rabe, 1 ounce, 1.3
- Broccoflower, ½ cup, 1.4
- Brussels Sprouts, ¼ cup boiled, 2.4
- Cabbage, ½ cup/boiled or raw, 2.0
- Cauliflower, ½ cup/boiled or raw, 1.0
- Chard, ½ cup Swiss/boiled, 1.8
- Collard Greens, ½ cup/boiled, 4.2
- Eggplant, ½ cup boiled/raw, 1.8
- Hearts of Palm, 1 heart, 0.7
- Kale, ½ cup, 2.4
- Kohlrabi, ½ cup, 4.6
- Leeks, ¼ cup/boiled, 1.7
- Okra, ½ cup/boiled or raw, 2.4
- Olives, green, 5, 2.5
- Olives, black, 5, 0.7
- Onion, ¼ cup/raw, 2.8
- Pumpkin, ¼, cup/boiled, 2.4
- Rhubarb, ½ cup, unsweetened, 1.7
- Sauerkraut, ½ cup canned/drained, 1.2
- Peas, ½ cup edible podded, 3.4
- Spaghetti Squash, ½ cup/boiled, 2.0
- Spinach, ½ cup/raw, 0.2
- Summer Squash, ½ cup/boiled, 2.0
- Tomato, 1 raw, 4.3
- Turnips, ½ cup/boiled, 2.2
- Water Chestnuts, ½ cup/canned, 6.9
- Zucchini, ½ cup sautéed, 2.0
Using Veggies in Low Carb Meals
Stick blenders and food processors are very helpful. They can shred a zucchini or turn cauliflower into cauli-rice in a few seconds.
Zoodles and Low Carb Veggie Pasta
Spiralizers are another fun, favorite tool of low carbers.
- Zucchini spaghetti (Zoodles)
- Cucumber ribbon strands
- Sweet potato, radish or turnip curly fries
- Long spiral squash strands
Paderno Spiral Veggie Slicer
The Paderno vegetable slicer makes spiral cuts for veggie noodles in seconds.
The spiral veggie slicer comes with three blades: a shredder blade (small holes), a chipper blade (large holes) and a straight blade.
The Inspiralized cookbook shows you how to transform more than 20 vegetables and fruits into delicious meals that look and taste just like your favorite indulgent originals.
Zucchini turns into pesto spaghetti; jicama becomes shoestring fries; sweet potatoes lay the foundation for fried rice.
Veggie Spiralizer Cookbook
Top 98 recipes Spiralizer Cookbook is a step-by-step guide on using a spiralizer, includes a list of spiralizer-friendly veggies and delicious recipes:
- Paleo-Friendly Carbonara
- Roasted Carrot and Coconut Crostino
- Chicken and Zoodle Bowl
- Mediterranean Zoodle Platter
- Zucchini Rice with Sweet Cider Dressing
- Parmesan Broccoli Noodles with Tomatoes
- Beet Noodles with Tangy Mustard Dressing
- Gluten-Free Parsnip Puttanesca
- Avocado and Beet Omelet
- Rutabaga Spaghetti with Truffle Marinara Sauce
- Summer Prosciutto and Cottage Cheese Pasta
Print the Low Carb Veggies List
A huge variety of low carb vegetables are right around the corner. Grab this simple list of 54 low carb veggies, perfect for starting a low carb diet or Atkins Induction.
Click the image to view, print or save. Opens in a new window.
Rapid Keto Plan for Women
The Keto Beginning is a highly recommended program – especially if you’re not ready for Atkins Maintenance phases or an increase in carbs every day.
Bust through plateaus, eat more carbs and uncover a life you love. Restore your weight, balance hormones and lift mood naturally.
This carb cycling keto meal plan slides you into fat-burning mode, without needing to go strict low carb.
If what you’re doing isn’t working,
…this is your chance to change your body, meet your goals and achieve the balance you’re searching for.