Almost Zero Carb Snacks and Apps
Snacks with no carbs are easy to make. Here are five delicious zero carb recipes for citrus chicken salad, rustic breads and wraps, crispy crackers, and savory Italian meatballs.
- Get started with 5 printable, full-color zero carb recipe cards.
- Not sure which foods are zero carb? Here’s a list of over 70 zero carb foods.
No carb snacks and appetizers are perfect lunchbox or party foods. Double the portions and these snacks become mini meals-to-go.
Parmesan crisps are zero carb, easy to make and they store well in containers, the fridge or freezer. This base recipe is a great starting point.
Zero Carb Crispy Cheese Crackers
Recipe Varies: 1 oz of aged Parmesan has .1 net carbs (check the label)
Add your favorite no carb herbs and spices to transform the flavor: try Italian herbs, Mexican spices, minced garlic or hot peppers.
Make small piles of grated parmesan cheese on a baking sheet 1-2 inches apart.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
Watch carefully – they burn quickly!
Remove from oven and allow to cool. Eat when crispy.
Zero Carb Spinach Cheese Wraps
Total Recipe: 4.7 net carbs | 6 Servings: .8 net carbs per serving
- 8 oz spinach, fresh or frozen
- 5 eggs, large
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- sea salt
- black peppercorns, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- paprika, to taste
Preheated oven to 350 degrees F.
If you’re using frozen spinach, defrost and squeeze out the water.
Mix the ingredients well and spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Flatten the mixture into a thin layer across the sheet. Bake until brown and crispy.
Allow to cool slightly, then cut into squares while still warm to avoid cracking.
Zero Carb Classic Chicken Salad
Total Recipe: 0 net carbs | 6 Servings
- 3 large chicken breasts
- lemon pepper seasoning
- sea salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
In large skillet over medium low heat add olive oil and butter.
Cut chicken into strips. Rub seasoning on both sides until well coated.
Cook chicken strips until lightly browned. Chop, dice or pull apart while still warm and place into a bowl.
Add chopped cucumber, celery, radishes, diced boiled egg, chives, grated cheese and full fat mayo, olive oil, Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing. Mix well and serve with veggies or greens.
Zero Carb Rustic Flax Bread
Total Recipe: 1.2 net carbs | 2 Servings: .6 net carbs per slice
- 1/4 c Flax Seed Meal (ground), dark or light
- 1 tsp Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- sea salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
Grease a 5″ x 5″ glass pan with butter or coconut oil.
Mix together ground flax seeds, cheese, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add egg and water, mixing well.
Pour into greased glass pan. Microwave on high for two minutes, turning after one minute.
Slice lengthwise, making two pieces for a sandwich.
- Add a few drops of liquid stevia if you like a sweet bread.
- Add poppy or caraway seeds, and substitute chicken broth for the water to create a savory bread.
Zero Carb Zesty Italian Meatballs
Total Recipe: 1.7 net carbs | 6-8 Servings: .2 net carbs per serving
These easy-to-make zero carb meatballs hold together well without a binder.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 20 oz (or 5 links) spicy Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp parsley, oregano, onion and garlic powder, to taste
Crumble sausages and mix well with the ground beef using your hands.
Add sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Roll into 1 1/2″ balls and place on a greased cookie or baking sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes. Allow to cool, then eat. These refrigerates well.
- Enjoy meatballs with a little low carb salsa and melted mozzarella.
- Sprinkle or roll in finely grated Parmesan cheese while still warm.
Zero Carb Snack Recipe Cards
Grab all five zero carb snack and appetizer recipes featured in this article. Click any zero carb recipe to enlarge. Right-click to print or save.
- Zero Carb Rustic Flax Bread
- Zero Carb Crispy Cheese Crackers
- Zero Carb Spinach Cheese Wraps
- Zero Carb Classic Chicken Salad
- Zero Carb Zesty Italian Meatballs
Almost Zero Carb Meal Plan
Three easy days, one aggressive technique, and major fat loss.
The Almost Zero Carb Meal Plan is designed to break even the worst stall, and burn off large amounts of stored fat – in 3 days.
- The Technique
- 75 Recipes
- Sample Menus
If what you’re doing isn’t working, get your meal plan now.