Almost Zero Carb Desserts
Desserts with no carbs. Is this even possible? These simple (but delicious) zero carb dessert recipes cover the crunchy, the creamy and the tangy: flavored meringues, coconut chocolates and rich Jello treats with a crispy crust.
- Get started with three printable zero carb recipe cards.
- Which foods are zero carb? Here are 70 no carb foods.
Finding desserts that are zero carb seems impossible. It’s easier than you think. There are a few ingredients that add richness and sweetness – without adding carbs.
Sugar free Jello has zero carbs per serving, and comes in an astonishing variety of flavors and types: gelatin, cheesecake, mousse and pudding. Jello is a simple solution for crispy cookies or creamy parfaits.
Zero Carb Jello with Crispy Meringue Crust
Total Recipe: net carbs vary depending on Jello, usually 0 net carbs per serving
Whip up a few egg whites as described in the Lemon Meringue Cookies (below) and spoon over the gelatin.
Use a kitchen torch to brown the meringue instead of baking.
Berries and Whipped Cream
- Fold in whipped heavy cream to create a flavored, zero carb mousse.
- Top with a few almost zero carb berries like blueberries or raspberries.
Zero Carb Deep Chocolate Coconut Candy
Total Recipe: 3 net carbs | 12 Servings: .25 net carbs per serving
Small chocolate candy molds and smaller flexible ice cube trays work well.
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 c shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 drops liquid sugar-free sweetener
Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan with cocoa powder and sweetener. When cocoa is completely dissolved, add shredded coconut and pour mixture into candy molds.
The candies should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until chocolate is solid.
Remove candies from mold and store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the healthiest sources of fat for your low carb diet. It’s also your new rapid fat-burning secret.
Coconut oil is essential for fat-burning. Fats from coconut oil aren’t stored. Instead, these fats are used immediately for energy.
- Anti-inflammatory properties lessen arthritis symptoms.
- Supports healthy thyroid function and boosts metabolism.
- Increases calcium and magnesium, improving teeth and gums.
- Heals skin heal quickly after an infection or injury.
Organic Coconut Flakes
Let’s Do Organics coconut flakes are one of the healthiest sources of fat. Large flakes quickly toast to a golden brown.
Organic Cacao Powder
Cacao powder offers a rich taste and bold chocolate flavor. Viva Labs Cacao Powder is made from Criollo cacao beans – the highest quality cacao without bitterness.
Viva Labs Cacao Powder is unprocessed, retaining important nutrients like magnesium, calcium, iron, fiber and protein.
Antioxidants in cacao provide cellular defense against the effects of free radicals, improving the look of skin and promoting cellular repair and rejuvenation.
Zero Carb Zesty Meringues
Total Recipe: 2.3 net carbs | 36 Servings: .06 net carbs per serving
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 drops liquid sugar-free sweetener
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
Carefully separate eggs, and warm the whites to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees F. Line two baking pans with parchment.
Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Whip eggs until they form soft peaks. Add sweetener and lemon zest. Continue beating until eggs form stiff peaks.
Spoon egg mixture into a large plastic bag with the corner cut off. Pipe meringue into bite size piles on the cookie sheet.
Bake 45 min to 1 hour, depending on the size of cookies. Cookies are done when they are crispy.Cool the cookies completely and store them in an airtight container.
- Replace sweetener and lemon zest with a packet of flavored sugar-free gelatin, or flavored liquid stevia (root beer, vanilla and English toffee stevia are available).
- Try another citrus zest such as lime or orange.
Sucralose Liquid Sweetener
EZ-Sweetz liquid sweetener is made of sucralose and has no bitter aftertaste. Zero carb, zero calories, zero impact.
De-Bittered Liquid Stevia
EZ-Sweetz’s de-bittered stevia blend has no unpleasant aftertaste. EZ-Sweetz’s blend has none of the characteristic bitterness of typical stevia sweeteners.
No Carb Dessert Recipes
Grab all three zero carb dessert recipes featured in this article. Click any recipe to enlarge. Right-click to print or save.
- Zero Carb Zesty Meringues
- Zero Carb Deep Chocolate Coconut Candy
- Zero Carb Jello with Crispy Meringue Crust
Almost Zero Carb Meal Plan
Three easy days, one aggressive technique, and major fat loss.
The Almost Zero Carb Meal Plan is designed to break even the worst stall, and burn off large amounts of stored fat – in 3 days.
- The Technique
- 75 Recipes
- Sample Menus
If what you’re doing isn’t working, get your meal plan now.